Get ready to get sustainable! This coming Thursday, October 22nd, from noon to 4 PM, we will be hosting a Sustainability Day Celebration in HSS Amphitheatre. Environmentally minded individuals of UT and the Knoxville area will come together to share ideas for local action, showcase environmental and responsible leadership,and create a marketplace for local and purposeful commerce. All you need to bring is an open mind and an empty stomach!
Stop by the Office of Sustainability’s booth and grab your free Sustainability Passport. With the passport, you can go around to the different exhibitors, activities, and vendors and collect stamps. When you have enough stamps, you can redeem your passport for free items from our food vendors (listed below).
You can look forward to interacting with these different organizations from UT and the Knoxville community:
- Student Organizations like the EcoVols, SPEAK, and SGA’s Environment & Sustainability Committee.
- UT Organizations like UT’s Peace Corps Office, WUTK, UT Recycling, and UT Outdoor Program.
- Community Organizations like Keep Knoxville Beautiful, Tennessee Clean Water Network, Beardsley Community Farm, Aries Energy, Little River Watershed Association, Knoxville/Knox County CAC AmeriCorps, East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition, Ijams Nature Center, General Motors, and the Harvey Broome chapter of the Sierra Club.
- Local Vendors like Reclaiming Your Roots, Ecotopia, and Sevier Blumen.
- Local Food Vendors like Dale’s Fried Pies, VietGrill, Good Golly Tamale, and I Love Juice Bar.